Today is about Fiscal Policy.
A method government use to help "adjust the economy".
It does not guarantee success because there are other factors that plays a part as well.
And so, here is my RJ!
There is a lot of reading to be done today, on the same idea basically. The market nature and how human tries to control it. This is very much like a science fiction movie and even very relative to our daily lives, we often tries to go against nature and play god. I once heard something like this “Selfish man changes things to suit himself, selfless man changes himself to suit the world. Men always try to change the world for himself. Therefore, all men are selfish.” To what extent I agree to the statement? Huge extent.
Let me explain my point. We all agree that fiscal policy is a great discovery for it salvage economy downturn and bring jobs to people’s livelihood, but again, I suppose it is going against nature. I am not a great economist, the guess I am making as to why there ought to be recession and depression every few years is because we are living in a world with finite resources. With finite resources, you cannot expect human beings to become constantly more abler to purchase products consuming large amount of the world’s “have”. There will come to a point where nature steps in to curb our greed or reduce things back to zero so that we can all start over again. That explains the reason behind recession and depression I suppose.
Otherwise, Mother Nature has to look into other alternatives like the random event of 911 to bring down the economy. If we still have people that keep on playing god, I suppose our “mother” will have to kill some and save the rest. The last resort, bringing World War into the picture, killing a lump percentage of the world population to bring down the demand. Yes, we argue that these are human-initiated activity, but let us ponder why this happen? Again for greed, for resources. If you are still not convince that Mother Nature is doing her part, maybe look at how SARS struck us which definitely is non-human initiated.
Well, in life, there ought to be sacrifice. We cannot expect Earth and her resources to continue expanding as and when our demand increases. There is always a limit. Maybe International Monetary Fund (IMF) should be discussing on how to control ourselves rather than to control the economy in their next General Meeting.
Maybe, we should just leave Mother Nature alone. We have been selfish for the past decades; past generations. It is Nature that has always been the sole sacrifice, the selfless one.
No comments:
Post a Comment