Monday, May 4, 2009

Being a 宅男 for the past few days definitely adds a lot of thinking juice (& rotting smell) into me.
I have been packing my room.
Stalking! sec sch and poly friends' profile.

Amidst all these, I get the oppurtunity to
  1. Read cards given by friends ever since everyone learn how to write
  2. Reminicse photos that is kept dusty in a hidden corner in my room
  3. Feel happy and blissful when I can see from friends profile that they are having fun and enjoying their life

Whenever I thought about how time flies,
I will remember the day
when my mum was holding my hand, walking under a HDB flat, towards my Primary school, and I say
"Mum, it's so fast, I'm Primary 5 already"
and I thought to myself, soon, I will leave my Primary school friends.
Go into a totally foreign Secondary Environment
Then soon enough again, leave the all-too-familiar Secondary sch

And all too soon, the moment I am blogging these,
all of those have become good memories
and I am a Poly Graduate waiting for NS enlistment

and very soon again, I will go to a all dirt and no nonsense "bird-park"
finding unfamiliar faces that I have to sweat with for 2 years
before finally Saluting my Sir, shaking hands with these friends.



-------------------------------------------

I believe what defines Us, are our Memories,
which are contrain by time
Because every memories hold a "feel" to it
a "feel"
tt teaches us something and make us the way we are today

The Primary stakeholders in our memory path are People
People who enter our life ranging from families to friends. Because they touch our soul.
They make us Feel

Before it gets all too complicated:
People --> Feel --> Memories --> Behavior --> Us

But I say People are the "Primary" because humans are highly intelligent creature
Emotional Species
And somehow, emotions twine between people

Like if I scold you, you'd be angry and that become a bad memory
And some ppl makes you feel comfortable, that becomes a piece of comforting memory

But everyone will agree that, memories doesn't just consist of emotions and people.
And yes, memories are intangible image.
Therefore, another key aspects in our memories are image; scene.
If you catch good scenery, they'll linger in your brain.

Some people, who cannot handle situations well,
when, letsay...
saw a corpse, will be haunted by it and may even behave ecentriccally.



And I think that is why human being will often wants companion
especially when we're overseas or sight-seeing, we will hope our friends will be there to share this great view with us
and if we were to be awarded with some great honor like Nobel Prize, you hope your friends will be there to celebrate with you.
So that one day, when you look back, you'd be glad there are people happy with you at a certain scenes in your life.


How about sounds?
Well, the fact that our eyes grow above our ear does suggest something.
Picture play a more important role in our life.

Sound can't really be a memory by itself.
I'd say it's a catalyst.
Because if we recite music in our brain without singing it, the feels doesn't come naturally


Most of the time, you can't remember the music being played at the restaurant

But you can remember how the atmosphere feel


You're with your partnet at a dinner
He/she look gorgeous,
The conversation felt comfortable
You had TOTALLY FORGOT the music playing in the background but you know that it makes both of you feel blissful and romantic.
see, a catalyst.

I don't know why I am writing these.
Maybe because I am still 宅-ing...
and if u're reading, i think u're also 宅-ing...

-------------------------------------------

still, thx to Friends, we have such memories.
So now, go forth and create your memory
Or you may want to flip those NEVER-WILL-DEVELOP photos in ur computer and remincse good old times.


End of my thoughts.

To All Friends:
All the best in whatever you do and I sincerely hope that everyone is happy and safe!

*the friends I mention aren't jus 24D, anyone tt's cross path with me all the way back to Primary sch days.

No comments: